Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Last week's Sydney ABCD meet-up!

I am later in posting about this event, than I would have liked. Oh well, small boys must come first...
(at least SOMETIMES anyhow!!).

What:  ABCD Sydney Meet-up     When:  Thursday 28th October


 The ABCD (Artists + Bloggers + Crafters + Designers) Meetups are a chance for art, design and craft bloggers to get out from behind their computers and meet face-to-face at a casual quarterly get-together.

"The meet-ups have no set structure, and are designed to be an informal gathering at a bar or cafe on a Thursday evening."

True to their promise organisers/ hosts Steph Bond  and Lisa Tilse gave us a fun, casual gathering (in a swanky room, in a bar). Which luckily for me was in my very suburb!! Yes, I know, so lucky!! : )
                                                                           
Thank you Lisa & Steph, and also Kim of Udessi for co-organising. You all did a great job!

We were invited to bring something along (well, around 30 somethings!!) for the goodie bags, so I made up extra of the Spring embellishments I had made for the Creative Collective project, and made up little mini goodie bags, with one of these in , a postcard, a sticker and a lolly.



 The goodie bags were a lovely treat and were filled with all sorts of creative yumminess such as a little apple pin cushion, hand-made cards and tags and a teeny-weeny cute knitted tea-cup! Oh, plus more lollies. Yum!

My favourites were the Screenprinted fabric bookmark by Michelle from Me We and the little Apple pincushion by Dandi, but everything was fabulous. Thanks muchly to all who contributed to the goodie bags - I loved mine! ♥

for more details of the goodie bag contents (and better photos) see Steph's post here !
This is ME with the lovely Anastasia

Of course the best bit was meeting some of the lovely creative ladies who were there, every one of them beautiful AND talented! My only regret was that I didn't get to meet EVERY single one of them!


I had an awesome time chatting to the likes of these awesome gals: Amanda, Anastasia, Lisa, Steph, Sarah and Jessica...


In the (prettily put) words of Steph -

it was "LOVELY TO MEET YOU"!

                        ♥

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Sally! It was lovely to meet you too. And I think you've got your priorities just right. Boys before blogging! I'm sure my boy, well, man/husband will agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sal you are the sweetest. Your goodies were fantastic too. And I love your photos! Come and add them to the facebook page. Thanks for putting together such a great post xxx

    ReplyDelete