Monday, June 24, 2013

VIVID and The Blog Society Launch

I recently attended a great creative networking event, as part of the VIVID festival in Sydney.
photo and quote from Vividsydney.com
Each year Sydney is "transformed into a spectacular canvas of light, music and ideas when Vivid Sydney takes over the city after dark from 24 May – 10 June".




Some of my photos from Vivid, the bottom one shows a painting
by Australian artist Ken Done
 As well as the lights, Vivid also hosts exhibitions events and is all about creativity and inspiration. Vivid Ideas Exchange features public talks and workshops from leading local and global creative thinkers. 

One of the Vivid Ideas events was the launch of The Blog Society with it's workshop in 'Creative Digital Storytelling'. {Basically a sharing blogging tips}.

The Blog Society is a forum where creativity and blogging meet, celebrating collaboration, connection and inspiration through different events and gatherings. It is the brainchild of the lovely Jaclyn Carson of Little Paper Trees.

The workshop was held at The MCA (see photo below), it was styled in a really funky way and was

warm, friendly, fun and informative! We heard the blogging stories of Viv from Ish and Chi and Jen from Interiors Addict (both of whom I also heard speak at the recent Voices of 2013 event).
We got to try our hand at styling, see a couple of my attempts above! 

'Triangles' Cushion from White Horse Home
(photos by me, with my i-phone, unless otherwise stated)
I got to catch up with old boggy friends such as Amanda, Anastasia & Suzanne and to meet new ones. I had a lovely chat to the gorgeous photographer Emma Scammelabout 'telling a story' with your photos.
The icing on the cake was the amazing goody bag we got to take home, which included Gorman socks and Dandi wooden spoons, (see last photo above).
Me, writing a message for the Blog Manifesto board
 (photo taken by Anastasia Christou)

I do find these events a little nerve-wracking, but I have made myself a promise to get out there and throw myself into the creative circle in Sydney as much as I can. I intend to take every opportunity to network with fellow creative peeps. It feeds my soul, builds my confidence and who knows what opportunities it may lead to!

On that note, 'll leave you with a quote from Jaclyn

"Push through your fear, you never know what good 
things may lie ahead..."

Take care,

Sally x0x

No comments:

Post a Comment