Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award...
Domestic, But Not Martha blog.
(Thank you lovely Miss Crystal!!).
According to the rules this is what I have to do to accept:
(and WHY would I want to turn down my first ever bloggy award?!)
Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
check! (see above)
But just in case anyone missed it : a big 'thanks'
to Crystal from Domestic,butnotmartha
Share 7 things about yourself. (in NO particular order)
oooh, ok.... (I suddenly feel a little naked, oh I promise I am NOT though!!!).
1. I LOVE TO TRAVEL. ♥ ♥ ♥
My soul mate (now my Hubby) and I embarked on two extended backpacking trips, first for 18 months and the second time for about 9 months. I have been to about 27 countries (lost count now). Very many more are on my wishlist.
2. I LIVE TO EAT - not Eat to Live!! I don't smoke and hardly drink alcohol - food is my 'vice'!!
I also enjoy cooking and baking, but I don't tend to follow recipes very often!!
3. I ♥... flicking through piles of magazines, (especially when they have perfume samples amongst the pages), browsing in bookstores, sprinkling French lavender oil on my pillow, sipping Earl Grey tea (no milk and weak) from my favourite mug, chocolate for breakfast, cake for lunch (not in the same day of course!!), afternoon 'Nanna' naps, cuddles with my boys and holding their little hands in mine.... oh and so much more stuff!!
4. My last job was as Textile Designer for the famous Australian artist - Ken Done. I decided before I moved to Australia that I wanted to, and lucky me my wish came true!!
5. I'm scared of heights, but challenged myself to an abseil!
6. I would describe the way I live as 'organised chaos'. Sometimes I am a perfectionist & control freak but mostly I am messy & haphazard!! Our house is too small for us, especially with all the boys' toys, and the massive array of stuff I collect and hoard!! :-)
7. I am allergic to bee and wasp stings (we're talking full-on Anaphylaxis!!).
I have Fibromyalgia (FMS), an underactive Thhyroid, Arthritis and other stuff that slows me down a little but consider myself VERY lucky indeed, and really blessed to have all my senses working, use of all my limbs etc
(Hey I don't even have any fllings (cavities) and still have 20/20 eyesight!).
Award 15 Stylish recently discovered bloggers.
All my favourite blogs, I've fairly recently(ish) discovered, so I'll just share my those ones with you...
(not in any special order) and I will pass on this award to some of the less established ones (and some more not listed here also)...
...and finally for good measure - one I discovered only today!
I think I kinda cheated on that last one... ho hum, naughty me!!
Hope your week is going well, I'm sure some of you have got kids starting or going back to school around now too.