Friday, November 25, 2011

Designer Love - Mr.PS by Megan Price

Hi there! 
On this very wet and unseasonably cold Sydney Spring day, my thoughts turn to home. My homeland that is. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know that I am an English expat and sometimes I am drawn to things that remind me of 'Blighty', and my childhood, (I guess most of us have at least some fond memories of being a kid that we like to re-visit from time to time!).


I had fish and chips for dinner this evening - with brown (malt) vinegar of course. That's the English way.
It reminded me of one of my favourite Etsy shops - Mr.PS.
{Fish n Chips screenprint on paper - buy here}
I love the work of Megan Price who owns said Etsy shop. 
Her designs are in just the kind of Quintessentially-British-but-fun, retro style that I adore. 


...Think pots of tea, fry-ups for brekkie, fish and chips, 'bangers' and mash, pick and mix sweets and the ice cream van that came round after tea on a Sunday, offering up 99's, FAB's, Rocket Lollies and Snowballs... (did you have all of those where you are from? Are you OLD enough to remember them?? Not to mention 'Chopper' & 'Tomahawk' bicycles and Holly Hobby knee-high white socks!!!!).
I digress. Forgive me!


Anyway, as I was saying (before I oh so rudely interrupted myself!)...
Megan's screen-printed wares are quirky and British and really rather fabbo!


Megan, who is based in Greater Manchester, trained in illustration and has a passion for PRINT. 
Her hand screen-printed, hand finished  products, such as tea towels and tote bags;
 feature whimsical, bold graphics, line drawings and messages. 


Her Design inspiration comes from vintage signage, food and drinks, and the great British seaside, such as Brighton, Blackpool or good old Skegness! 


Here are some more pics of her wares:
















Find out more about Megan here, or visit her shop, Mr. PS here.


All images by Megan Price.


Thanks for stopping by,


Happy weekend!


Love Sally xox

1 comment: