Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Favourite Things - Sculptures By The Sea

Hi there friends!  :0)
Last Monday I got to do one of my very favourite things - visit the Sculptures By The Sea exhibition at Bondi Beach (where it begins, and continues along a pleasant coastline walk to Bronte Beach).

This, for me, is one of the highlights of living in Sydney! It's an annual event and seems to be increasing in popularity every year - which I have to admit takes the shine off a little, as it now gets really crowded.
Precisely why we went after school on Monday instead of at the weekend.

We went with friends from school, and a swim in the ocean, then fish and chips at the beach followed our sweltering sculpture-viewing-walk (it was 44 degrees!) - so the kids had a blast!!

Here are my highlights of a fun afternoon:




{this one by Ken Unsworth won the Kid's Choice Award}














My personal favourite - by Byeong Doo Moon, and winner of the
Allens Arthur Robinson People's Choice Award





Hope you're having a great week!
Hugs,
Sally xox


1 comment:

  1. HOW fabulous! These are the sort of things we miss out on... bummer...
    I must ask my niece if she is going to see this - she's currently doing a 6 week stint babysitting somewhere near Darling Harbour! fabulous! thanks for sharing Sally :-)

    ReplyDelete